1. Your privacy
Cockayne Systems Limited (or "we") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy, following all legal requirements to do so. We recognise user privacy and data protection as human rights and we have a duty of care to those whose data we handle. We understand that data should only be collected and processed when absolutely necessary. We will never sell, rent or otherwise distribute or make public your personal data.
2. Relevant legislation
Along with our internal computer systems, this website is designed to comply with the following national and international legislation with regards to data protection and user privacy:
This site’s compliance with the above legislation, all of which are stringent in nature, means that this site is likely compliant with the data protection and user privacy legislation set out by many other countries and territories as well. If you are unsure about whether this site is compliant with your own country of residences’ specific data protection and user privacy legislation you should contact our data protection officer for clarification.
3. Personal information we collect and why we collect it
This website collects and uses personal information for the following reasons:
Site visitation tracking
Email links and contact forms
Should you choose to contact us using an email link or contact form, none of the data that you supply will be stored by this website or passed to/be processed by any of the third party data processors defined in the section below.
4. How we store your personal information
As detailed in section 3 above, there are no occasions where your personal data will be captured or stored.
5. About this website’s server
This website is hosted by MODXCloud within a data centre in the United Kingdom. Some of the data centre’s more notable security features are as follows:
- Access to and throughout each facility, including sensitive areas, such as electrical, generator, UPS, batteries, fire riser/sprinkler, and HVAC equipment is restricted and server room access is limited to authorised personnel.
- Physical access is controlled through keycard proximity systems at all the facilities and the server rooms.
- Facilities have two-factor authentication with a biometric system in addition to the keycard.
- Access to data center requires building access with ID badge, access to data center “PODs” through ID badge, and then access to raised floor with ID badge and biometric authentication.
- 24/7 on-site security guards with static and mobile patrols.
- Only authorised security cleared staff are allowed into the facility.
All traffic (transferral of files) between this website and your browser is encrypted and delivered over HTTPS.
6. Our third party data processors
7. Data breaches (if we were to be storing personal data)
We would report any unlawful data breach of this website’s database or the database(s) of any of our third party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner (of which there are currently no instances on this website) has been stolen.
8. Data controller
The data controller of this website is David Alexander, a director of Cockayne Systems Limited.
9. Data Protection Officer
Tel: 01738 627101